Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oakley's Quilt




I finished quilting and binding Oakley's quilt. Now I just need to mail it and "Hadley's" quilt to Utah.

One thing I learned about this quilt is that I absolutely HATE the clear mono filament thread. Next time I will try the smoky color, but the clear shows all your mistakes... I almost don't want to give this quilt away because I'm embarrassed of the quilting.



I tried to rip it out and start over, but because this thread is basically like plastic, when I tried to rip it out, I would find that it just snaps. UGHH! It was so frustrating. This quilt top was so cute, and now I just want to throw it away...



I figure it will be alright though... Oakley is only two and I'm sure he isn't going to look at the quilt and think "Ew! no way am I sleeping with a quilt that has not been properly quilted in 100% cotton thread!"

I hope he loves it. I put a lot of love into it even though it doesn't look the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment