Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rag Quilting

This is the first rag quilt I've ever done. (I know the pictures are horrible! When I took them I had no intention of putting out there for all to see!) It was definitely an experience. I didn't have a pattern, I just made it up in my head. This would have been totally fine, except when you rag quilt you need to leave a BIG seam allowance. I learned this the hard way and after I washed it, I had to repair about 3 seams.... EEK! However, one thing I do LOVE about this kind of quilts is that they are extremely soft and cuddly. I have made three more of them since and will post pictures of them soon.



Above are pictures as a WIP.... and the finished product below!

This one was made for my friend's baby girl. I wish I had a better picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment